You may know someone who has received the services of Cosmetic Fillings Teeth Houston. Cosmetics fillings help restore the function and look of your teeth. Many unhygienic practices make our teeth weak or cause infections and tooth decay. If not treated on time, this decay can progress to the root of the tooth where it can lead to serious infection. And at that point, the only option left will be tooth extraction.
To prevent further decay and root extraction, the affected teeth are filled with a material such as a composite filling or silver amalgam that treats the decayed tooth. Let’s discuss dental fillings in detail.
What are the advantages of Composite Fillings?
If you are looking for a more natural-looking solution for fractured or decayed teeth, opt for a composite resin filling. It is a mixture of powdered glass and composite resin. Composite fillings improve your teeth cosmetically.
The advantages of using composite resin filling are:
- As compared to different types of dental fillings, you don’t have to remove as much tooth because the filling bonds with the natural tooth and make it stronger overall.
- The composite fillings harden quickly, within a few seconds a special light is used to help it bond and harden faster.
- The composite fillings are durable and they bond quickly and give a natural appearance to your teeth, they are ideal to repair cracked and chipped teeth.
- Composite fillings, as compared to other fillings, insulate the teeth and reduce sensitivity.
- These composite fillings can be repaired.
Which is the best filling for teeth?
If you are looking for cosmetic fillings teeth Houston, you may want to know the types of dental fillings. To fill a cavity in your teeth, five different types of materials are used.
Silver Amalgam Fillings:
Silver amalgam as the name indicates is a mixture of silver, zinc, tin, copper, and mercury. It is durable and strong and it also doesn’t cost much. It is easy to fit it in the cavity and it is not contaminated by saliva or blood. But it doesn’t look good. So you don’t want to use it in a visible tooth.
As compared to other dental fillings, composite fillings are more natural-looking. But these need to be replaced after five to ten years. Moreover, they are costly as compared to silver amalgam.
Ceramic fillings are made of porcelain. These are aesthetically pleasing and are durable. Ceramic fillings are costly as compared to other types of dental fillings, but they are natural-looking and resistant to abrasion and staining.
Glass Ionomer Fillings:
These are glass and acrylic dental fillings. They last for a few years and are good for children because their teeth are changing. Glass Ionomer fillings are weaker and tend to wear out.
Gold fillings are not very common and they are also costly. Not all dentists offer gold fillings as an option. For gold fillings, you have to make more visits to the dentist. However, it lasts long because gold doesn’t corrode.
What is the difference between root canal and teeth filling?
Dentists recommend a tooth filling if you are experiencing a minor tooth decay that has not progressed to the pulp. If the root of your tooth is not affected, your dentist may use a filling to save your fractured tooth. Whereas if you don’t fill the crack or hole in time, the infection progresses to the pulp of the tooth and then root canal in which the damaged pulp is removed to relieve pain, inflammation, and infection.
How to know when a tooth crown needs to be replaced?
If you see the following signs, make sure you visit your dentist because your crown may need to be replaced:
- If you see a receding gum line, it may mean that your crown is not placed properly or you need to replace it.
- If you experience inflammation, pain, or swelling around the crown, visit your dentist.
- If you are one of those people who frequently grind their teeth, your crown may appear worn down.
- It’s time to visit the dentist if your crown is damaged and is not aesthetically pleasing any more.
- If your crown is a decade old, get it checked, even if you don’t notice any signs of damage to the crown.
What are the best porcelain crowns?
There are different types of porcelain crowns that are used. These are described below:
- The most beautiful and the traditional porcelain crown is Feldspathic porcelain.
- Ceramic crowns are also known as Empress crowns. They look like glass.
- Procera crown features traditional porcelain on the outside and inside it is a milled ceramic. It is used because of its extraordinary strength.
- Lava crown looks beautiful because of its baked layer on the outside, whereas, on the inside, there s translucent zirconia which is shaded.
- Some other crowns have a black line at the gum line but Zirconia crown doesn’t reveal that line. Thus, it looks natural.
- E Max crowns are becoming popular these days. They are biocompatible and last longer.
- If you are allergic to metals, these crowns are best for you.
What are my options in repairing badly chirped front teeth?
Some ways a dentist uses to repair your badly chirped front teeth are:
- Dental filling or bonding in which the dentist applies a tooth-colored material to your teeth.
- Veneers to cover and protect the broken teeth
- Crowns are used to cover and protect your tooth if it is severely chipped.
- A dental bridge is used when an entire tooth is missing as a result of an injury.
- Dental implants are used where your natural tooth is no longer able to support the crown.
Where do I get the best cosmetic dentistry services?
You can get the best Cosmetic Fillings Teeth Houston services by URBN Dental clinic that offers BPA-free fillings and best dental care. For more details, visit the website https://dentisthoustontx.com/.
Luckily many options are available these days using which you can restore the health of your teeth keeping it as close to natural as possible. You just have to be proactive enough to visit a good dentist and get your services. One of the best dental clinics in Houston, TX is URBN Dental. You can visit the website https://dentisthoustontx.com/ or call at (346)251-8322.
If you don’t take care of your teeth properly, you will end up having cavities that can even progress to the root of your teeth. It is then not only painful but you may have to remove your teeth. To treat a cavity on time, the dentist removes the portion of the tooth that is decayed and then fills the remaining portion. This procedure is known as dental fillings.
Dental fillings are used to repair broken or cracked teeth or the teeth that have worn down due to grinding or nail-biting. Different options in filling materials are available now such as gold fillings, silver amalgam fillings, composite fillings, ceramic fillings, and glass ionomer fillings. One type of filling doesn’t suit all, thus, your dentist will determine what is right for you. Dentists use dental fillings to save your tooth if the tooth is not severely affected. If the tooth is severely affected, to the pulp of the tooth, then root extraction is done.
Many dentists offer these services but should go for an experienced dentist, who offer services in a hygienic environment and uses sterilized tools. One of the best dental clinics in Houston, TX is URBN Dental. You can visit the website for more details https://dentisthoustontx.com/. you can also contact by calling (346)251-8322.