Dental Bridge Clinic
Dental bridges are one of the most reliable, comfortable and durable options for replacing one or more missing natural teeth. They not only possess excellent esthetics and lifelike appearance, but they also restore chewing and speech efficiency and function virtually like the natural teeth. That is why at URBN Dental, we recommend teeth bridges as an aesthetic, convenient and longer lasting alternative to the removable dentures.
What are Teeth Bridges?
A dental bridge virtually bridges the gap created by missing natural teeth, by taking support from natural teeth or implants on both sides. Dental bridges are fixed appliance which is used for replacing adjacent missing natural teeth. The gap created by the missing teeth is filled by using artificial teeth, or pontics which are supported by crowns attached to the natural teeth or implants on both sides of the gap. These supporting teeth are known as abutments.
What are the Different Types of Dental Bridges Offered at URBN Dental?
At URBN Dental Uptown, we offer a variety of designs of dental bridges. The choice of type of bridge used for replacing your teeth will depend on the status of your existing teeth, esthetic requirements and oral hygiene status:
- Traditional Bridges at URBN Dental – these bridges are one of the most commonly used fixed prostheses for replacing missing The conventional bridges are quite similar in design to the architectural bridges since they derive their support from the adjacent natural teeth or implants which are present on both sides of the gap. The pontics used with traditional bridges are made from porcelain, alloys, or alloys which are fused with porcelain. Traditional bridges are much stronger and longer lasting in comparison to other types of bridges.
- Cantilever Bridges at URBN Dental – conventional bridges are supported on both sides with natural teeth or implan However, a cantilever bridge is supporting only at one end. These bridges are used when a healthy supporting tooth is only available at one end of the gap. Naturally, the cantilever bridges are not as strong as the conventional ones. Therefore, they are usually used for cases where a single tooth needs to be replaced, and that too in the front.
- Maryland Bridges – these bridges are also known as bonded brid The prosthesis contains wings on either side, which are prepared from a metallic mesh. These wings are attached to the lingual surface (towards the tongue) of the abutment teeth by using an adhesive resin cement. Unlike the traditional and cantilever bridges, the Maryland bridges do not require fabrication of separate crowns for the supporting teeth.
Who Can Benefit from Dental Bridges at URBN Dental?
Generally, bridges are excellent for individuals who seek replacement of one or more adjacent teeth. At
URBN Dental, we recommend dental bridges in the following situations:
- Single Tooth Replacement – dental implants can be used for replacing a single tooth by gaining support from natural teeth or implants on both side
- Multiple Teeth Replacement – dental bridges can effectively be used for replacement of up to four adjacent missing t
- As an Improvement to Removable Dentures – if you are not happy with the fit or esthetics of your removable dentures, then you can certainly benefit from a dental brid
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation – a complete fixed bridge, or an implant supported bridge can also be used for replacing all teeth in a jaw. Such a prosthesis is supported by four, six or eight implants which are inserted at predetermined positi Such types of prostheses are known as all on four, six or eight implant-supported fixed dentures, respectively.
What is the Process for Getting Bridges at URBN Dental?
Getting a beautiful smile with bridges at URBN dental is quite simple and easy.
- Patient Evaluation – first, our dental bridge specialist will perform a detailed clinical examination to ascertain whether you are a suitable candidate for getting brid This will also include evaluation of your x-ray images and study models to determine the condition and health of the supporting teeth.
- Tooth Preparation – in the next step, we will prepare the supporting teeth so that space can be
- created for the attachment of crowns which are extending on both sides of the brid Since the very little amount of natural tooth structure is removed during this procedure, therefore administration of local anesthesia is usually not required.
- Making Impressions – after tooth preparation, we will make an impression of your teeth and send it to the laboratory for the fabrication of brid At this stage, we will also note down the shade of the adjacent teeth and send this information to the laboratory, so that the artificial teeth blend-in easily with your natural teeth.
- Attaching the Bridge – during the final appointment, we will attach the bridge to your teeth without permanent cementati Once you are happy with fit and esthetics, we will attach the bridge to your teeth by using an adhesive cement.
The procedure for fabrication of Maryland bridges is different since there is no requirement for fabrication of crowns for the abutment teeth. The bridge is directly attached to the supporting teeth by using an adhesive cement.
What are the Benefits of Getting Bridges at URBN Dental?
Here are a few reasons why you should prefer dental bridges over removable dentures:
- Esthetics – dental bridges provide superior esthetics in comparison to the removable dentur This is because the artificial teeth in bridges are prepared from high-quality porcelain which exactly matches the shade and color of your natural teeth.
- Convenience – teeth bridges allow you to eat and speak without any difficult In fact, you can enjoy all your favorite foods with bridges. However, you should take care not to eat very hard or sticky foods, as they can dislodge the bridge.
- Durability and Strength – dental bridges are much more durable and stronger than the removable dentures, which require frequent repair or replaceme
Say goodbye to your old dentures! Visit your nearest dental bridge clinic today and get a beautiful and charming smile with natural teeth or implant-supported bridges. At URBN, we have the state-of-the-art dental equipment and a highly specialized team which will take care of all your esthetic and restorative dental problems. So, what are you waiting for?