Emergency Dentist Near Me
It’s important to find a good emergency dental care Houston TX. This is necessary because you never know when you may come across an emergency Houston situation. In that case, you’ll need to know which dental clinic you can go to immediately for treatment. If you don’t treat dental emergencies in time, they can get a lot worse and cause considerable pain. URBN Dental is an excellent emergency dental care Houston where you can seek immediate dental treatment. In this article, we discuss what is a dental emergency and how to deal with a dental emergency.
What is a Dental Emergency?
A lot of different conditions can be considered a dental emergency. A dental emergency may be a situation that causes you sudden and intense pain or distress, such as fracturing your teeth or bleeding gums. A dental emergency may also be certain conditions that seem benign but may be indicative of a serious hidden issue. For example, toothaches and bad breath may be perfectly benign, but they can also be signs of a serious gum infection, which is a dental emergency. All dental emergencies have to be treated individually. That’s why it’s hard to summarize exactly what constitutes a dental emergency and what doesn’t. At URBN Dental, we study your symptoms and conditions carefully to determine if you’re really suffering from a dental emergency and we treat it accordingly.
What to Do During a Dental Emergency?
When an emergency strikes, you may not be able to go to a dentist immediately. You may start panicking if you don’t know, but it’s important to remain calm. The following is a brief overview of What you can do during a dental emergency situation.
The first thing you should do during an emergency situation is to call your 24 Hour emergency dentist and tell them what happened. Your 24 Hour emergency dentist will tell you exactly what you should do and you need to follow their advice.
You’ll need to access your emergency tooth kit. This kit should have the following items for emergency situations:
- The emergency dentist’s number and address.
- A clean piece of cloth.
- Antiseptic gauze.
- A small airtight container for a broken or chipped tooth.
- Painkillers (but not aspirin because it can lead to bleeding).
The following are some of the most common types of dental emergencies and what you can do during those situations.
- Broken Tooth: You may break your tooth while playing some sports or if you trip and fall. If your tooth has completely come off, you need to hold it by the crown and clean it using salt water or milk. Don’t hold the tooth by the roots or scrub it rigorously because you may damage the root cells. Once the tooth has been rinsed clean, you can hold it between your cheeks and gums or reinsert it in the socket. Get someone to drive you to your emergency dentist.
- Fractures: Tooth fractures can be minor, moderate, or severe. Minor fractures can easily be restored by an emergency dentist. Moderate fractures may include damage to the enamel or dentin, in which case the dentist can restore the tooth. However, if the damage has spread to the complete pulp, then the tooth can’t be saved. Severe fractures are those in which the tooth can’t be restored or saved at all and the emergency dentist will simply have to discuss your options.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These refer to injuries in soft tissues such as the tongue, gums, or lips. When that happens, you need to first rinse the injured part with water, then clean it with a piece of cloth, and finally apply pressure using an antiseptic gauze. Once you’ve controlled the bleeding, you can go to the dentist.
- Objects Between your Teeth: If you get some object or food particle stuck between your teeth, you need to remove it using a dental floss or toothpick. If you don’t, your gums may get inflamed. If you can’t remove it yourself, you can go to a dental clinic where they’ll remove the object during a dental deep cleaning procedure.
Houston Emergency Dental Services
Dental emergencies don’t wait for you to take appointments, nor do they wait for daybreak. You may have a dental emergency at any time of the day or night. You may get injured in the gym, while climbing down the stairs at night, while playing sports, or in a number of different ways. You need to have access to a dental clinic that accepts last-minute emergency appointments.
You also need to access a dental clinic that has all of the latest dental technologies and techniques. This is because dental technologies and treatments advance at a rapid pace and you should make sure your dental clinic is up to date and only uses the latest procedures to ensure effective results and minimal risk of side effects. At URBN Dental, not only do we accept emergency appointments but we also have the latest technologies and our doctors are well-versed in cutting-edge treatments so they can offer the best possible dental treatments.
I had a root canal and a crown done here, the entire process took about an hour. Will be back in 2 weeks for my final crown! Great doctor, great staff. Michael John
From start to finish great experience. Impeccably clean office, high tech tools, & friendly staff. Went to get my top teeth contoured/shaped. They did a Hollywood star job! I now have a flawless smile. I even went back the next day for a touch-up on one tooth & they took care of it, graciously. If…
In town for a conference. Chipped a front tooth before my presentation. Called URBN and they got me in same day. Very efficient office. In less than 1 hour I was back together. Thanks again Joel
Just a few days after a visit with Dr. Bridget and I already feel the positive effects on my dental hygiene. She gave helpful and practical tips to brushing and flossing to make my routine more enjoyable. Everyone at URBN Dental Uptown was attentive and courteous to my needs from handling the insurance/financials to ensuring…
I’ve never been to a more thorough and comprehensive dental appointment as the one at URBN Dental! They went over all of the photos and x-rays with me in detail to help explain all of the issues I had, and it’s the first time I fully feel like I understand why I need to floss…
Excellent service. Great first impression! Best cleaning I’ve had in several years, my mouth feels amazing. They even took the time to show me how to brush more effectively. My teeth are back to being pearly white. They were very knowledgeable in regards to my insurance and I’ve had no issues. The service there is…
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies?
The following are some tips on how to prevent dental emergencies:
Emergency Dental Care Near Me
At URBN Dental, we provide immediate dental care in case of emergencies. If you live in or around Houston, you should come over and take a tour of our dental clinic. For more information, please schedule your immediate dental care near me.