INVISALIGN CLEAR ALIGNER THERAPY
Cost Of Invisalign Houston TX
Let URBN Dental be your Invisalign Dentist In Houston. We can straighten crooked teeth without the noticeable bars and brackets of metal braces with Invisalign. This clear orthodontic option works faster than traditional braces, too. Through a series of clear aligner trays, Invisalign gradually and gently moves your teeth into more ideal positions, often times misaligned teeth may cause teeth grinding migraine and other issues that a lot of patients are not aware about. Wearers will also love that the trays are removable. No need to give up your favorite foods and beverages – just pop the trays out briefly while you eat or drink, and then pop them back in afterward. At your Invisalign consultation, we’ll go over your goals for your smile and use that to inform your entire treatment plan. After about a year (the average treatment time for Invisalign), you’ll have a straight smile you’ll love showing off.
Invisalign is part of a system of custom clear aligners that untimely correct crowding, curved teeth, spacing, or even open bites. The aligners are switched out every two weeks and a new set is worn in the mouth. The movement of the dentition is mainly from gently pressure from the invisible trays, small invisible buttons on the dentition, and in some instances slight polishing of teeth to aid in joint teeth movement.
If interested in this clear aligner treatment we first start at an URBN Dental Invisalign consultation. After having all your x-rays and clinical evaluation done we will be able to accurately and thoroughly break down exactly what is needed to get your teeth the way you want them. The end result you will have an ideal smile that is aesthetic, balanced, and comfortable. On average the treatment plan timeline with these clear aligners can last anywhere from about 6 months to 18 months.
Invisalign is one of the most state-of-the-art orthodontic treatments. Over the years, it has gained popularity due to the low Cost of Invisalign in Houston TX and each year it is getting better and better. To set up your free Invisalign consultation contact URBN Dental to get started.
Invisalign Clears Aligners at URBN Dental
Invisalign is the buzz word in orthodontics, the branch of dentistry dealing with straightening and aligning of teeth. What is Invisalign? Why is it the buzz word? Who can benefit from it, and who cannot, is part of what we are going to discuss here.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the latest, state of the art appliance offered by modern dentistry as an improvement over the conventional wire braces. It is a proprietary technique developed by a computer engineer who was fed up with the use of wire braces for orthodontics. The Invisalign a set of numbered, clear, plastic tooth trays each of which you wear on your teeth for about two weeks before you go to the next numbered tray. By the time you are finished wearing the last-numbered tray, which could be between two to three dozen, your teeth will have moved into new alignment giving you the best of smiles, one you can be proud of.
How Are Invisalign Superior to Conventional Braces
Conventional braces consist primarily of a strong arch-wire, one which goes around the jaw. This wire exerts pressure on brackets attached to individual teeth so that the pressure is transferred to the teeth which move in response. As the teeth move, the contact pressure reduces, and the archwire needs to be readjusted, regularly, monthly or fortnightly. For each adjustment, the patient has to visit the dentist. The process can take over three years in some cases. Now you can see why wire braces are getting unpopular.
Braces are becoming less popular because of the following reasons:
- Aesthetics– Firstly, braces are visible and conspicuous. Despite various developments like tooth-colored braces, they remain conspicuous, and unacceptable in a modern society.
- Multiple Visits to the Dentist-Secondly, if you are using braces for orthodontic treatment of your teeth, you need regular visits to the dentist. That takes time, effort, and of course, funds.
- Treatment Time– And thirdly, the complete process of treatment with braces takes very long. On the other hand, Invisalign being made of clear plastic they are virtually invisible. Thus, they become, a very attractive aesthetic improvement over the braces.
The Invisalign Advantage at URBN Dental
The Invisalign was designed precisely to overcome these shortcomings of the braces. Although the Invisalign treatment costs more, it has the following advantages over the conventional braces which are making Invisalign far more popular:
- Virtually Invisible-being made of special, clear plastic, the Invisalign aligners are aesthetically far superior to the metal braces.
- Monthly Visits Avoided– With Invisalign you do not need to visit your dentist monthly for repeated adjustments. The Invisalign process gives you freedom from those.
- Reduced Treatment Time– While braces can take over three years to complete the treatment, the Invisalign can complete the alignment in much less time.
What is the process for Getting Invisalign at URBN Dental?
Now, how do you get yourself the Invisalign aligners? Very simple, but with one caution. Do not go to just any orthodontist. Look for a dentist who is trained and certified for giving you Invisalign. With that caution, the process will go like this.
- The Suitability Exam– The dentist will determine whether you are a good candidate for Invisalign treatment or not. Invisalign was originally designed for adults with fully grown teeth. However, special Invisalign for teens is now available which accommodates any new erupting teeth.
- Records– If you are found fit for getting Invisalign, it is time for records:
- Your teeth and face are photographed
- Digital Impressions of your teeth are made
- Two x-rays of your teeth and gums
The records are sent to the Invisalign company with detailed instructions on how the dentist plans to move your teeth stage-wise.
- Dentist’s Review– The dentist reviews the simulation. If any modifications are required he or she gives that advice online which is complied with by Invisalign technicians. This review and adjustment process may be repeated a couple of times till the dentist is satisfied.
- Manufacture of Invisalign Trays– Invisalign makes a series of aligner trays out of clear plastic and send them to your dentist. That could take about four weeks. The trays are handed over to you on your next visit.
How Do the Aligners Work?
Now this very interesting. Invisalign aligners also work by applying pressure to your teeth to move them in the right direction. The difference is there are no wires to tighten, and no tightening visit to the dentist. Your aligners are numbered. You put on the first aligner tray and wear it for most of the day for about two weeks. The teeth move in response just a step as planned. Once it is done, you will remove the aligner, and put on the next numbered aligner. Under computer control, this has been made to fit your teeth in their new position and exert further pressure in the direction of the desired movement.
This process is repeated as many times as the dentist has determined for your case. By the time you remove the last aligner, your teeth have taken the final position visualized by your dentist. The only step remaining, but a very important one is to wear the retainers which we will provide you at the end of your treatment, for about six months. That will consolidate the alignment achieved by the Invisalign. The retainers are also like the aligners but exert no force. They just prevent teeth returning to their original positions.
In some cases, there may be minor deviations from this standard process. For example, if the teeth are overcrowded, we need to create space before we can align them beautifully. The aligners can be used to create that space using these very aligners. Space is normally created at the rear. In addition to relieving crowding at the front, it permits a broader smile. Alternatively, we move the front teeth forward. Another possibility is to trim some of the teeth (interproximal reduction) very minutely so that sensitivity does not set in.
Are you ready to enjoy a beautiful smile without having to wear the unaesthetic and uncomfortable braces? Then Invisalign aligner is ideal for you. Visit us today at URBN Dental for discussing the possibility of getting your teeth straightened with Best Invisalign in Houston, TX.